The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Draft Tower: Connection Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
MriswitH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Draft Tower: Connection Question

I recently purchased a single outlet draft tower off eBay and am going to convert my 4912 in the near future. The tower itself came with everything pretty much ready to rock, but the elbow has a tube that sticks out about 6" from the bottom of the tower that has a threaded connect on it.

Question: Do they make any kind of threaded connect for the beer line that you can screw onto it or should I just cut off the threaded end and put the beer line on it with a hose clamp?

I apologize if this is a little unclear, if it helps I can also upload a picture.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You can do it either way. The point is to find one type of clamp/connector to use with ALL of your equipment (standardize) and stick with it.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
gnef
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

you should be able to use a beer nut and tailpiece with that. the threading and size should be the same as that for connecting tubing to shanks.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/produc...oducts_id=1244

you will also need a neoprene washer and the tailpiece that fits your tubing

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/produc...oducts_id=1240

i would recommend the 1/4'' tailpieces, as the 3/16'' tubing will fit very snugly on there, and even more securely with a clamp.

hope this helps.

Walk-In Serving(14): Oatmeal Stout, Hard Cider, Belgian Tripel, Liquid Stupid, Belgian Dark Strong, Red Bull, Rye IPA, Double IPA, Imperial Stout, Irish Red, Scottish 70/-, Belgian Wit, Nut Brown, Traditional Mead
Walk-In Cold Storage(~50): Cysers, Braggot, Melomels, Ciders, Traditional Meads, Persimmon wines, Dry Stout, barleywine, cream ale, sodas, Chocolate stout, milk stout, and others I can't recall.
Fermenters (0): Nothing current.

Quick Reply