Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Double Keg Tower repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
gruversm
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Double Keg Tower repair

I received a double tap tower that has a 90 degree elbow with a crimped connector. There is a male threaded 1/4" connector that attaches to the tap (SEE "Old Connector.jpg").

What I would like to do is get a similar connector, but with a barbed end. I've been able to find a similar design, but in a FEMALE connector from Midwest Supplies. (SEE "Barbed Elbow.jpg"). Anyone know of a supplier that carries a 1/4" MALE 90 degree barbed elbow?

old-connector.jpg   barbed-elbow.jpg  

On Tap:
Horehound Tripel,Gumballhead,Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Founder's Breakfast Stout Clone, Hefeweizen

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
Bob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I'm pretty sure Rapids has them. If your LHBS sells draught equipment, they probably get it from Rapids or Foxx Equipment. Ask them to order one for you.

IIRC, both companies have a 90o elbow tailpiece that'll fit any shank. You'll need a nut and neoprene washer, though.

Bob

Edit: I'm unfamiliar with the connection shown in your original photo. What I suggest above may not be of any help. For my part, I suspect I'll need more images before I can offer confident advice.

Brewmaster
Fort Christian Brewpub
St Croix, US Virgin Islands

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply