Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Decent Deal on Mini Fridge

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2005, 02:24 PM   #11
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRoux's Broux
Oh Grasshopper.....
you did good Sam. as long as we keep moving towards beer perfection, we're movin' in the right direction. my wife told me last night i needed ANOTHER freezer so i can have lagers going, and one for my ales! MAN I LOVE THAT WOMAN!!!! i'm look'n today, WOO-HOO!

YOU SUCK.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2005, 12:15 PM   #12
Gilbey
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just so I understand about the freezer concept....are you guys talking about using a chest style FREEZER as a dispensing fridge by using an external temp control gauge? And you just run your tap tower out the top of the chest?

Any issues with storing your CO2 tank IN the freezer/fridge?

I am in the market and was going to buy a small fridge like the Sanyo. I have all the tapping and faucet equipment since I had an old upright fridge set up with two taps drilled through the front, but sadly that fridge has died, and I am looking for a replacement.

Thanks.

Gilbey

Old 06-30-2005, 01:24 PM   #13
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I still bottle/mini-keg so I need another fridge because my present one only holds 3 cases.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:50 PM   #14
DeRoux's Broux

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbey
Just so I understand about the freezer concept....are you guys talking about using a chest style FREEZER as a dispensing fridge by using an external temp control gauge? And you just run your tap tower out the top of the chest?

Any issues with storing your CO2 tank IN the freezer/fridge?

I am in the market and was going to buy a small fridge like the Sanyo. I have all the tapping and faucet equipment since I had an old upright fridge set up with two taps drilled through the front, but sadly that fridge has died, and I am looking for a replacement.

Thanks.

Gilbey
we're talking about over-riding the thermostat of a chest freezer in order to manipulate the temperature to ferment and lager/condition at the appropriate temperature for the yeast/style of beer we are brewing.

i use a full size fridge that i converted to a keggerator, much like you mentioned. i keep my co2 bottle in the fridge (and have for 3 years) w/ no problems at all. you can use a chest freezer to dispense w/ an external thermostat controler and use a tower set-up though.......

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Old 06-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #15
Gilbey
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Excellent, thanks!!!

I already have the external thermostat. Funny, 'cause I was looking at Lowe's the other day and saw a chest style freezer that I thought was the perfect size to hold up to 4 corny kegs and a tank for under $200, but I was stuck in the "FREEZER" mind set. Looks like I will be making a purchase tonight!!!

On the topic of towers, has anybody made their own tower? I have taps, tubing and fittings. I did a little online shopping and was not impressed with how expensive two or three tap towers are!!!!

Gilbey

Old 06-30-2005, 02:32 PM   #16
DeRoux's Broux

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

ehh, i'd rather spend my money on my brew system. my beer conversion works great, and it was cheaper......to each his own though. the towers sure look nice though.

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Quick Reply