Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Custom bottle caps?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #11
nicadrick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

This all seems very expensive! 30 cents per, yikes!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #12
slowbie
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

There is a thread on here somewhere about someone who made his own custom caps. I'm too lazy to dig it up right now but a site search could help you come up with it.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
lucasszy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewToppers View Post
We'll be opening our online store this Fall where homebrewers can go online and purchase a variety of specially designed caps or purchase custom caps with your own design.

You'll also be able to find many of our designs in your local homebrew supply store.

We'd love some feedback from any/all of you.

BrewToppers — Custom beer caps and crowns for homebrewers, small craft breweries and brewpubs

So when do you guys think that you'll be up and running? Im seriously looking for some caps in the next week or so!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #14
BrewToppers
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default @lucasszy

Of course we can! We've only delayed the opening of the online store so we can focus on our brewery customers and getting the process down. We should be activating the store in the coming weeks.

We're 100% operational and have been printing lots of brewery jobs so shoot me an email ben@brewtoppers and let's talk. I'd love to help you out.

Ben

Old 04-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #15
SumnerH
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbie View Post
There is a thread on here somewhere about someone who made his own custom caps. I'm too lazy to dig it up right now but a site search could help you come up with it.
The approach I saw on here that work well was to use water-slide decal transfer paper. Print on that, then apply to the caps as you would apply a decal to a model.

On deck: Little Bo Pils, Bretta Off Dead (Brett pale)
Secondary: Oude Bruin, Red Sky at Morning (Sour brown ale)
On tap: Saison Duphunk (sour), Amarillo Slim (IPA), Earl White (ginger/bergamot wit)
Bottled: Number 8 (Belgian Strong Dark Ale), Eternale (Barleywine), Ancho Villa (Ancho/pasilla/chocolate/cinnamon RIS), Oak smoked porter (1/2 maple bourbon oaked, 1/2 apple brandy oaked)

Old 09-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #16
PintOfBitter
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

For anyone that's still interested, check out my Vendor Ads for a discount on engraved caps. They're good for homebrewer quantities, because there's no setup fee or huge minimum order. They'll ship immediately!

-PoB

Maybe you can use these Grain, Hops, Yeast Reference Charts
Come visit WildHopsPrintShop.com- custom bottle caps, beer glassware, tap handles, and more!

Old 03-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #17
EFresh
Recipes 

Of the links posted so far, Brew toppers seems to be the best and most affordable. However, their selection of designs is small and custom design prices are not listed.

If you feel like harnessing your inner artist, spray paint works great to get some cheap and interesting results. I use this method so I can tell different brews apart by their caps when they're sitting in the fridge together.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #18
mcwilcr
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default @ BrewToppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewToppers View Post
Of course we can! We've only delayed the opening of the online store so we can focus on our brewery customers and getting the process down. We should be activating the store in the coming weeks.

We're 100% operational and have been printing lots of brewery jobs so shoot me an email ben@brewtoppers and let's talk. I'd love to help you out.

Ben
Do you do small quantity jobs for homebrewing yet? I'd be interested in maybe purchasing a couple hundred or so.

Chris

Old 04-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #19
diatonic
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilcr View Post
Do you do small quantity jobs for homebrewing yet? I'd be interested in maybe purchasing a couple hundred or so.

Chris
You're probably better off getting in touch with Jon Haase (jon@brewtoppers). He's pretty responsive to email. He got me a quote for 300 caps (50 each of 6 different cap/ink color combinations). Looks like about a 2 week lead time from payment to receiving them. They're doing the 300 for me at the 500-1000 rate ($0.19 each). Their standard caps colors are red, black, blue, green, orange, yellow, silver gold & white. Standard ink colors are silver, black and white. Custom ink colors can be mixed for $40. I'll post pics when I receive mine. Here's the proof they sent me after I sent them my artwork:

.:diatonic:.

1° - Simple Cider (2/15/2014) - Saison Mead (6/26/2014) - En Perpetuum (Belgian sour base) (7/3/2014)
2° - Nuthin
Aging in a wine barrel - En Perpetuum—Solera (1/23/2011)
Kegs - May the Schwarz-Bier with you (2/9/2014) — Test Depth American Stout (8/29/2013), Big Red Imperial Red IPA (1/19/2014)

My brew rig is pretty much done :)
You should follow me on Twitter - My Brew Logs

Old 04-14-2011, 02:50 AM   #20
mcwilcr
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by diatonic View Post
You're probably better off getting in touch with Jon Haase (jon@brewtoppers). He's pretty responsive to email. He got me a quote for 300 caps (50 each of 6 different cap/ink color combinations). Looks like about a 2 week lead time from payment to receiving them. They're doing the 300 for me at the 500-1000 rate ($0.19 each). Their standard caps colors are red, black, blue, green, orange, yellow, silver gold & white. Standard ink colors are silver, black and white. Custom ink colors can be mixed for $40. I'll post pics when I receive mine. Here's the proof they sent me after I sent them my artwork:
Thanks for the tip! I'll try to get in touch with him and see what they can do.

Quick Reply