New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > The cure for your short hose troubles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #101
smellysell
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
I've been using the Watts 3/16" beverage tubing from Lowes or HD for over a year now with no foaming issues (except when I overcarbed my California Common). I know many have negative input on this stuff, but it's worked for at least one of us.
Is it the stuff that says "not for icemakers" on it?

I heart sour beer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 07:05 AM   #102
dtadpole
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sweet! ordered 4 today, gonna put these in my newly kegged root beer, and an american wheat.
Thanks for the tip!

Old 06-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #103
avaserfi
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Is anyone using this having low carbonation trouble? I have 1 swizzle in each of my 3 tapped kegs right now. Keezer is set to 42 degrees F +/-3* using 5ft picnic taps with my regulator set to 12PSI. According to beersmith I should be carbed to about 2.4 volumes, but it seems very subtle when I drink. Now, I have no reference for what 2.4 volumes should feel like, but comparing most beers to mine it seems low.... I increaesd pressure to 13PSI (a little under 2.5 V) today to see if that helps.

Am I the only one? Does anyone have any ideas of what could be the problem?

Andrew

Old 06-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #104
bmbrewery
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This works very well for me. Awesome!

Old 06-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #105
chefchris
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaserfi View Post
Is anyone using this having low carbonation trouble? I have 1 swizzle in each of my 3 tapped kegs right now. Keezer is set to 42 degrees F +/-3* using 5ft picnic taps with my regulator set to 12PSI. According to beersmith I should be carbed to about 2.4 volumes, but it seems very subtle when I drink. Now, I have no reference for what 2.4 volumes should feel like, but comparing most beers to mine it seems low.... I increaesd pressure to 13PSI (a little under 2.5 V) today to see if that helps.

Am I the only one? Does anyone have any ideas of what could be the problem?
Try pouring for a few seconds into another container, then pour into your serving glass and see if that helps.

Primary: RIS, Flanders Red, Berliner Weisse

On Tap: Brown Ale, American Stout, Pumpkin Porter, Pale Ale, Uncle Muscle's IPA, Rowsdower Canadian Dry Stout

Bottled: Berliner Weisse

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

Old 07-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #106
foxtrot
Recipes 

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in...

I picked up a 25' line of 1/4" OD / 1/8" ID plastic hose (pre-packaged) from Home Despot for about $3. I cut a length of line the same as the dip tube, placed inside the tube. It was an easy fit. Flamed the ends for a smooth surface. I have 5' x 3/16" beer lines in a keezer, running 15 psi, 40F beer. The pour/head is just right.

Many thanks for the ideas on this forum!

Old 08-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #107
Stevorino
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just installed the part -- dropped it in, sealed the keg back up, burst carbed, and tried pouring -- I got a ton of foam. Anyone else experience this? Suggestions?

-Stevorino-_________________________________________
In Keezer:
1. BCS - Wet Hopped West Coast Blaster
2. CYBI - Gordon's IPA Clone
3. BCS - Scottish -80
4. BCS - Specialty Saison (Gold Medal at BMO)
In Process:
1. BCS - Janet's Brown Ale (Fermenting)

Old 08-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #108
pjj2ba
Look under the recliner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 189 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I had this happen once on a keg that was way over carbed. In this case I was pouring with my picnic tap line where I put the inserts in the tubing. I was sampling a number of kegs and all poured great except one. I then figured out that one was way overcarbed

Primary: Ger. Pils , OKZ (std Amer. lager), OKZ II (for base malt comparison), Saison
Brewing soon: light beer - yes, light beer, Saison
Recently kicked : ( Kolsch, IPA, Holiday Saison, Baltic porter,
Pilsner Urquell Master Homebrewer
(1st NYC 2011, 2nd NYC 2012)
P U crowns winners in its inaugural master HB competition

Old 08-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #109
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 853 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 26

First, I wanted to comment that people should be doing A/B pour comparisons on beer that they already have "carbonation stable". In other words, don't do elevated pressure/shake burst carbs and then try to decide if the pour restriction is helping. If it's 2x overcarbed, it won't help. Try it on a keg that has been sitting at the same pressure for a few weeks (at least 3).

In case anyone is wondering, the 3/16" diameter mixing nozzle things will NOT fit inside a 3/16" ID bev tube. I had the bright idea that I could equip my serving lines with these and not have to insert them into every keg. Nope, too tight.

I also picked up a short length of the 3/16" ID FEP-lined tubing from mcmaster and there's no way to expand it over a 1/4" barb even after heating and cursing.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

Old 08-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #110
pjj2ba
Look under the recliner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 189 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
In case anyone is wondering, the 3/16" diameter mixing nozzle things will NOT fit inside a 3/16" ID bev tube. I had the bright idea that I could equip my serving lines with these and not have to insert them into every keg. Nope, too tight.
Hmmm, I'll have to check my 3 ft sampling picnic tap. I put several of the 3/16" (smaller) inserts into it. It works great! I thought it was bev tube, and not just regular tubing. I'll check tonight. All my bev tubing is from Micromatic, in case manufacturer makes a difference. I do have other misc. tubing around and may have grabbed that to make it.

I have some more inserts and fresh tubing to double check if I did use the wrong tubing

Primary: Ger. Pils , OKZ (std Amer. lager), OKZ II (for base malt comparison), Saison
Brewing soon: light beer - yes, light beer, Saison
Recently kicked : ( Kolsch, IPA, Holiday Saison, Baltic porter,
Pilsner Urquell Master Homebrewer
(1st NYC 2011, 2nd NYC 2012)
P U crowns winners in its inaugural master HB competition

Quick Reply