Crony's in Seattle area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechyDork

Dork of all Tech
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone knows where i could pick up 6-8 five gallon ball lock corny kegs in the Oregan, Seattle area. I will be heading down there in october to pick up my furninture in Eugene Or, and driving up to Seattle to put it all on a barge.

My LHBS in Anchorage sells them for $65 for reconditioned kegs, i have seen them all over the internet for $25-45, but shipping adds quite a bit to that.

any ideas? I would prefer to find them at an HBS, but would also be willing to check CL if needed.

thank you,

Search google maps for the area of Seattle you're going to be in for LBHSs and call ahead to see who has them and for how much. I did that for car parts once, worked great.

Search google maps for the area of Seattle you're going to be in for LBHSs and call ahead to see who has them and for how much. I did that for car parts once, worked great.

That is a good idea. I just like to know which ones are better to go to, and which ones i should avoid so i thought someone that is local to that area might have a better idea.

That is a good idea. I just like to know which ones are better to go to, and which ones i should avoid so i thought someone that is local to that area might have a better idea.

There's a good LHBS in Corvallis, Oregon. They have good prices and since it's Oregon... no sales tax.

Corvallis Brewing Supplies 541-758-1674, ask for Joel. Might be worth a phone call, they are closed sundays & mondays though.

The two LHBS in Seattle are Bob's on 55th, just north of the University district, and Cellar on Greenwood up near 125th (further north). Both are good, I like bob's mostly because it is just down the street. The number is 206-527-9283.

Since you are coming from the south, check Larry's homebrew too, it is in the southern part of the city.

larrys brew shop in kent WA has pretty decent prices on kegs, if i remember right (its been a while) i think they were in the 45 range.

Since you're on the west coast, why not order from the CHI company? shipping shouldn't be that much.

B

I am in Alaska, and would only be driving through the OR/WA area. I was trying to avoid shipping by loading the kegs up in the same shipping container as all of my household goods.

I bought a bunch of kegs cheap from someone in Vancouver, WA (across from Portland, OR). I found him on the portland craigslist. I don't have his contact info anymore but you might want to check those craigslists

Chi Company.

4 Cornies: 94.99
Shipping to 99501 (anchorage):57.76

Total: $38.18/Keg

You're trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't exit.

Chi Company.

4 Cornies: 94.99
Shipping to 99501 (anchorage):57.76

Total: $38.18/Keg

You're trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't exit.

interesting, thanks for the information! i will check in to that if i don't find them on my way through WA and OR. i will have a uhaul full of my furniture so adding a few kegs shouldn't be a problem, but it is good to know that there are a few places that don't charge you an arm and a leg to ship to AK.

Yeah, Go to Larry's Brewsupply in Kent. Last time I asked they had Cornies for $45.
If you are going for 6-8 they should be able to cut you a deal.

Great homebrew shop with good prices on pretty much everythng. I tend to go there for my purchases even though I have other LHBS much closer.

Back