Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Craigslist score

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
trainfever
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Craigslist score

I saw an ad on Craigslist where this guy was selling beer equipment. I went to his house tonight to pick up a cornie keg. He had 2 kegs but was going to keep the one, he ended up selling both to me. I left with 2 cornie kegs, with the connectors and a case of 12-16 oz flip top bottles, all for 50 bucks. Not bad.

Yes, I am out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
talleymonster

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Sweet Score. Welcome to the CL Score Club!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
Boodlemania
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Nice one!

I'm a fellow CL browser.

- CStone

Old 11-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
madewithchicken
Recipes 

I got you beat.

Some guy had an ad up for "Soda Dispenser." When I opened the page the guy had 6 corny kegs (5 Pepsi and 1 really old looking Coke), 15# co2 tank, pressure regulator, hoses and connectors, a jockey box with 3 faucets and connectors. A jockey box is a cooler with a cold plate in it.

Everything was being used for Pepsi. The guy had no idea you could use it for anything else. I do not know how much the guy spent on this but he just said "open to trades."

Thinking he would laugh at me, I offered my old slot machine. It is a nice slot machine that plays cartoons on an LCD but in the end I only paid $200 for it 4 years ago. It has been sitting unplugged for about a year in the basement.

When he said he was interested in it I was waiting to hear him say "but." As in, "But You will have to give me a couple hundred in cash to."

There was never a "but." This deal alone made all of my craigslist searching worth it.

Everything of course was filthy with dried Pepsi on it. And I am afraid to use the coldplate because I do not know what is living in there. Oh and the faucets all leaked but I took them apart and managed to get on working one.

The co2 tank is owed by Pepsi and I do not know how to get it filled. They have "PEPSI" etched into the tank.

This was the coolest thing ever for me. I could not stop talking about it for a week. It makes my free mini fridge look like nothing important.

I probably will not be around much anymore. I had to close my restaurant and get a real job so i do not have the time to hang out online all day.

Check out my videos on my profile or at:

1920fairfax.com Just voted the worst show on the internet.

Quick Reply