Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Counter pressure bottle fillers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
elambers
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Counter pressure bottle fillers

I currently have a CO2 tank with a Dual Gauge Regulater set up to force carbonate plastic bottles for sparking water, etc. So I have a carbonating system set-up for carbonating beverages directly into plastic bottles. However I brew ginger beer and ciders and would love to be able to filter them and then force carbonate them in glass bottles. However without the threading on the glass bottles I can't keep my current system pressurized. I think I would then need a counter pressure bottle filler. So my question is that if my brew was not in a pressurized container like a kegerator, is there any way a counter pressure bottle filler work if I hooked it up to my C02 tank's regulator?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
day_trippr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1125 Times on 913 Posts

Wow! Two new threads on the exact same, rather obscure, topic! What are the odds?

You need to put the "pressure" into "counter-pressure", and that means some kind of pressure vessel. Even with two tries in one day I can't think of a way around that...

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply