Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > counter pressure bottle filler issue

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
MikeSar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default counter pressure bottle filler issue

I was all set to pickup some supplies to build a counter pressure bottle filler but I realized that I overlooked one aspect. I don't have a duel co2 regulator. Can I split the line coming out with a t conection?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2141 Times on 1532 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

yes

Old 08-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
elambers
Recipes 

To use a counter pressure bottle filler (or beer gun), do you need a keg if you have a co2 tank and regulator? I brew 5 liters at a time of ginger beers, ciders, and meads all at once and don't want to have to pressurize a whole 5 gallon keg for each batch. I'll buy a 5 gallon keg if I have to, but would love to find a way around it. Its not easy finding refillable mini kegs either. I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4481 Times on 3260 Posts
Likes Given: 870

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambers View Post
To use a counter pressure bottle filler (or beer gun), do you need a keg if you have a co2 tank and regulator? I brew 5 liters at a time of ginger beers, ciders, and meads all at once and don't want to have to pressurize a whole 5 gallon keg for each batch. I'll buy a 5 gallon keg if I have to, but would love to find a way around it. Its not easy finding refillable mini kegs either. I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions.
How would you tap it out, though? You have to have the pressurized keg, and then an "in" and "out" for the co2 to go in and the beerline to come out. I don't understand how you'd fill it. You definitely can't fill it from a carboy and have it carbed up.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1235 Times on 997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambers View Post
If you ever figure out a way around the need for a pressure vessel (eg: a keg) be sure to write it up.

Bottom line, I think you need a keg...

Cheers!

Old 08-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
elambers
Recipes 

Well, I was thinking it over last night.... since my C02 tank and regulator are set up to carbonate 2 or 3 liter bottles directly, then I could just use the 2 or 3 liter bottle for a pressure vessel instead of a keg and use a y adapter to hook up three tubing lines that connect to 1) Co2 tank/regulator, 2) 2 or 3 liter bottle (which i already made an airtight attachment for) and 3) the beer bottle - this tubing line will have picnic faucet, drilled stopper, racking cane. I would hope gravity would allow the carbonated drink to flow from the 3 liter plastic bottle to the glass bottle without a problem. I also would hope the pressure from the CO2 source would keep it from backflowing into the CO2 line. I can adjust the drilled stopper to let out excess gas, I think. I've seen someone do that.

Haha this will be quite a contraption and I'll let you know if it works, the problems etc. after I have it made and test it out. I'll definitely be wearing Personal Protective Equipment! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you think there's obvious problems I should consider. This idea is kind of out there and I wouldn't take offense!

Last edited by elambers; 08-05-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply