Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Convient Way To Clean Keg Dip Tubes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Joeywhat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Convient Way To Clean Keg Dip Tubes

I'm cleaning all my kegs today and had them taken apart. The dip tubes on one were NASTY. Was trying to find a way to clean them, especially the loner beer out tube.

Well...I was also cleaning one of my guns, and I use a Boresnake to clean the barrel. That little light above my head kicked on...

I used a .22 caliber boresnake through both the gas and beer dip tubes and it worked quite well! Naturally if you have one for guns clean it real well before using...or buy a new one dedicated for your kegs. The snake was a little too small but it cleaned out the loose stuff no problem. Tomorrow I'm going to grab either a 6.5mm or 7mm snake which should be perfect. The increased diameter should mean a more thorough cleaning.

If you didn't click on the link they're basically long pieces of fabric with brass brushes attached. When you pull it through a barrel (or dip tube...) the fabric cleans out the loose stuff and the brushes break up the stuck on stuff. For guns I put some barrel cleaning right on the fabric near the brushes and it'll clean just about everything off. The same can be done for cleaning kegs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
BargainFittings
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've used fishing line and pulled wadding through tubing. Works great. I use tubing brushes now and they work well also.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:47 AM   #3
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1058 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Everyone orders from Mcmaster.com now and again:

7221T17
Nylon Loop-Handle Brush 1/4" Brush Dia, 4" Brush Length, 26" O'all Length
In stock
Quantity Each
1 $2.78

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Quick Reply