Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > competition entry question/problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
WildBuffoon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default competition entry question/problem

I have decided to take the leap and enter a couple entries in the upcoming FOAM competition. My first entry is ready to go and no problems, just anxiety about what judges will say. My second entry is where I need some help or advice. When I bottled it, I really didn't have plans to do anything except drink it so I bottled in 22 oz bottles. It has been conditioning for a week and a half. The competition requires 12 oz bottles. Is it feasible or possible to take a bottle or two and somehow re-bottle it for competition compliance? if so, what would be best way to try it without oxidizing the beer very much? or am I just better off sending 1 entry?? I appreciate your thoughts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
AnchorBock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBuffoon View Post
I have decided to take the leap and enter a couple entries in the upcoming FOAM competition. My first entry is ready to go and no problems, just anxiety about what judges will say. My second entry is where I need some help or advice. When I bottled it, I really didn't have plans to do anything except drink it so I bottled in 22 oz bottles. It has been conditioning for a week and a half. The competition requires 12 oz bottles. Is it feasible or possible to take a bottle or two and somehow re-bottle it for competition compliance? if so, what would be best way to try it without oxidizing the beer very much? or am I just better off sending 1 entry?? I appreciate your thoughts.
I bet if you emailed them and explained the situation they might allow you to enter it and would judge it, but it would likely be ineligible for a top 3 spot.

Homebrewing blog: http://bagendbrewery.wordpress.com

Beer Engine Caskegerator - Hand pump/keg enclosure for Real Ale at home.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply