Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Competition Beers: From Tap or Bottle Conditioned?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
MikeRLynch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Competition Beers: From Tap or Bottle Conditioned?

Hey all,

I've got a pretty nice stout on tap right now, and would like to enter it in a competition. Which way should I go with carbonation in the bottle, priming sugar or filling it from my keg ( I don't have a bottle filler, I would just use the cold bottle, picnic tap technique) I want the carbonation to last, and I heard that you need to keep the tap bottled beers cold in order for them to make it more than a week. On the other hand, the bottle conditioned ones will get all shook up in the shipping process and might not settle down enough by the time judging happens. Any tips? What do you guys do?

mike

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 604 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Check out this thread on filling bottles from a keg. Properly done, the carbonation will last indefinitely.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply