colored bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twst1up

Reaction score
So, i google "bottle tree" and find the bottle tree man (i'll let you check it out on your own)...got me to thinking: I'm always interested in presenting a nice bottle of homebrew as a gift around the holidays, of course a nice belgian in a corked bottle is classy, right? Ok...where can i find different colored wine bottles? (i think its too much to ask to find colored beer bottles)
Interesting thing is when i 1st got into brewing i went to the the lhbs and bought a case of brown 22s and a case of beautiful cobalt 1 litre swing tops...didn't even think at the time how unique they were

ALL of my LHBS have the blue grolsh bottles. I would ask your local purveyor if they can special order for you. Most can, and more affordable than ordering online. Shipping on glass is a ***** at best.

My LHBS also has green, brown and blue cobalt swing-top bottles for sale, including the 22oz size.

spendy but available. he also has wine bottles in the same colors, plus clear.

just remember, brown bottles block the most light, which can skunk beer. green and clear are poor blockers.
dunno about blue...probably just as bad...so keep them cased up once filled.

you could raid the dumpsters in the back on resteraunts....and reception halls on sunday mornings for all the wine and champagne bottles you like. (after a weekend of weddings the dumpsters will be brimming with bottles-hopefully already in cases.)

My nearby restaurants have tons and tons of it. But I normally just purchase the bottles for about 10 cents each. And the best thing about these, the bottles are actually quite clean because the beers are served.

Back