Colonna Capper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Big K. I realized I was mis-spelling "colonna" when I was searching the forums before I posted. After reading all your other posts about it, I would guess that you like it just a wee bit, eh?:D

I used mine for the first time last night. Also has attachments to cork Belgian 750ml bottles for special projects. I feel that it is more sturdy then my Super Agata bench capper, but the arm movement isn't as simple.

The magnet on the capper will hold a 12 oz beer bottle off the sitting plate after it is capped, required a pull to the side to release.

I very much liked the Colonna capper.

I am looking at these online because I wanted something that would be able to cork and I didnt know these could until now. But is the one on norther brewer's website different somehow because it is about half the price of the rest online.

A bench capper that corks as well? Could someone post up a link so that I'm certain I'm looking at the right thing?

This would save me from buying a bench capper for myself and a corker for SWMBO.

I got mine at Listermann. Unfortunately they don't have an image or much of a description but do have the cheapest price and free shipping east of the Mississippi River.

I am looking at these online because I wanted something that would be able to cork and I didnt know these could until now. But is the one on norther brewer's website different somehow because it is about half the price of the rest online.

Has anyone ordered that one? It's a good price but it looks like it is missing the part you need for corking. Can that part be added or is it included?

On an unrelated note, this is my first post to the site, although I have been reading for a few months. I'm doing my best to learn the basics, and it's going well thanks to all of you.

Has anyone ordered that one? It's a good price but it looks like it is missing the part you need for corking.

That is true...they are missing the corker. Here is where I got mine.

The Brew Hut - Cappers & Corkers
I would recommend calling them though. One person I sent there did not get the additional attachments, and he had a hell of a time getting the extra parts.

I am the person BK speaks of.

I'm sure it was a fluke that I didn't get my corker for my capper, but jeebus, that company wouldn't even deal with me. They actually waited me out, after about 3 months of daily calls trying to get the corker part, I gave UP!!!

I love the capper part though. Easiest capper I've ever owned, it's just too bad that I don't have the corking attachment. I've never had a dud bottle, and I bet I've capped over 5K bottles with the puppy. Easy use, very easy clean-up, and super rugged. I only have 1 bottle in my inventory that is too tall for it to cap, but it has capped 100's of shorties, longnecks, bombers, those Sierra Nevada fatty 24 ozers, Lindemans bottles, belgian capped bottles etc etc etc.

I love my colonna.

Back