*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Coconut Sugar for priming

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
HeavyKettleBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Default Coconut Sugar for priming

Every time I go to the whole foods market, I look through the bulk items to see what I can use to brew with. I know many of you share the same affliction when it comes to brewing. Yesterday, I stumbled across Coconut Sugar. I looked it up on Wiki and found this if interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_sugar

Questions: If Corn Sugar is a fructose and Coconut Sugar is a sucrose, does the same ratio of sugar to beer apply? While many good minerals are present, chlorine is as well. Has anyone tried this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2734 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

It's not to difficult to figure out how much of any fermentable to use for priming based on the nutritional info on the label. I give detailed info on priming with alternative primers including fruit juice (including the link to basic brewing podcast on that very subject,) maple syrup and other sugars in my bottling stickey- Scroll to the lower half of this post. I outline how I did it with Jaggery mollasses in there, which should help you calculate it for yourself.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
HeavyKettleBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
It's not to difficult to figure out how much of any fermentable to use for priming based on the nutritional info on the label. I give detailed info on priming with alternative primers including fruit juice (including the link to basic brewing podcast on that very subject,) maple syrup and other sugars in my bottling stickey- Scroll to the lower half of this post. I outline how I did it with Jaggery mollasses in there, which should help you calculate it for yourself.
You da man!

Quick Reply