Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Co2 tank and refrigerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
rbankert
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Co2 tank and refrigerator

I've seen it somewhere, but can't find it now, maybe somebody can help.
I'd like to have my CO2 tank outside my refrigerator to make room for another keg inside, but not sure how to go about doing it. I've heard of drilling through the wall and stuff- anybody have a link/post about how to do this?
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
MoRoToRiUm
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Most people go through the drain plug hole, but most fridges (including the Sanyo 4912), are no more then plastic (and maybe some metal) at the rear 'hump' for the condenser. All you need is a high pressure hose fitting like this to have CO2 tank external (Regulator internal).

Beer Regulator High Pressure Hose - 6ft.

Or, the cheaper way, is drill holes as described above, and just have long air feed lines going in. This way the entire tank and regulator assembly is external (Recommend getting gauge cluster guard, just to be safe ;-).

Old 09-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Ol' Grog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Not sure you could get 3 kegs in the Sanyo even without the CO2 tank and the door molding removed.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
Mulita
Recipes 

Default It can be done

It all depend of what fridge you are using but you can drill the back to pull the CO2 line out and then have your CO2 Tank, regulator and valve outside. I have mine like this, actually in a cabinet next to the kegarator and I am using a 2.7 cuft. here are a couple of pictures.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
Special Hops
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Make sure you there are no refregrant lines in the area you want ot drill. Then double check. Then grab a plain ole' drill and drill away.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #6
Ol' Grog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Check some of the older posts, there is a lot of good info on this.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I recommend having the gauges outside the fridge. That way you are not messing with high pressure Co2 lines and they adjust easier since the rubber diaphragms can get more brittle at the colder temperatures inside the fridge.

I drilled through the side of my fridge. It has a freezer on top so I knew the cooling lines were all up there, none in the fridge walls.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Quick Reply