Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > CO2 Tank to Primary Hardware?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Khirsah17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default CO2 Tank to Primary Hardware?

Hello all,

I am looking for the piece that connects the CO2 tank to the primary regulator. I went to Praxair here locally, and they sold me a piece with the wrong threads. The side that connected to the regulator had regular threads, not left hand. Where can I get one? I looked online on a few sites, but didn't find anything obvious.

On MoreBeer.com, the description for their primary regulator reads as such:

"Comes with a built-in gasket where the regulator connects to the CO2 tank, eliminating the constant replacement of fiber washers."

What does this mean? Is the gasket in the connecting piece? It certainly would be nice to not have to replace the gasket every time I disconnect the tank.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
Sea
Green Flash IPA on tap
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khirsah17 View Post
Hello all,

I am looking for the piece that connects the CO2 tank to the primary regulator. I went to Praxair here locally, and they sold me a piece with the wrong threads. The side that connected to the regulator had regular threads, not left hand. Where can I get one? I looked online on a few sites, but didn't find anything obvious.

On MoreBeer.com, the description for their primary regulator reads as such:

"Comes with a built-in gasket where the regulator connects to the CO2 tank, eliminating the constant replacement of fiber washers."

What does this mean? Is the gasket in the connecting piece? It certainly would be nice to not have to replace the gasket every time I disconnect the tank.

Thanks!
Your local gas supplier is probably the best place. Every regulator I've ever had came with the union half to attach to the tank.

The fiber washers don't have to be replaced every time, and my supplier gives them to me free whenever I get gas.

Corrupt Brewers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply