Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > CO2 tank in or out? and how many lines should i run out of a fridge?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
J311gonzo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default CO2 tank in or out? and how many lines should i run out of a fridge?

I'm converting a fridge into a kegerator... first things first... does the CO2 tank have to be on the inside or is it better on the outside?

Also I am hoping to run 4 taps from this normal sized fridge... is this a good or bad idea? worried about space.

tthanks.

J

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
BigB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I personally prefer to have the CO2 outside but its really just that - preference. If you keep it inside, you lose a little space that could be used for kegs, but you save the space and aesthetics from having it outside. Outside gives you more room, but can be more susceptible to damage and can be ugly with the gas hose and the tank.

If you run it outside, just run one line from the regulator to the inside, and have that attached to a manifold that is mounted inside and distributes to the different kegs.

4 taps for a fridge is just fine assuming you can put all 4 kegs inside, which shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
It's now degenerating into nu uh and uh huhs and it no longer serves a point.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply