New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Co2 tank in the fridge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
dshay
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Default Co2 tank in the fridge

Quick question, first time kegging here on Wednesday. The question is I understand that the co2 tank regulator changes readings once in the fridge. So I put the co2 tank in the fridge a day before I keg to adjust to the changing temperature or just put it in once I keg and then adjust the regulator when I need to?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
RoundKid
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

On a two gauge regulator, it effects the gauge that tells you how much is left in the tank. It does not effect the line pressure gauge.

Short answer: put it in the fridge whenever you want, it does not effect the reading.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
dshay
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Awesome! Thanks for the info, how would you know your co2 tank is getting empty then?

Old 01-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
JuanMoore
SACD
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3180 Times on 3088 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshay View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the info, how would you know your co2 tank is getting empty then?
The only way to know how much CO2 you have left is to weigh the tank and subtract the tare weight. As long as the temperature is constant, the high pressure gauge will read the same until all of the liquid CO2 is gone, and all that's left is vapor. At that point, the gauge will start dropping rapidly, and you'll know that you're almost out of gas.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Quick Reply