Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > CO2 regulator stuck at full power

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 03:29 AM   #21
rmchair
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just had the same issue with a brand new kit, but they were very quick sending my order, so I am sure they will fix it. I just emailed them. Maybe this regulator isn't designed for the fridge? Everything else I got seemed top notch.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #22
schristian619
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

something must be up with their supplier, because I had the same exact issue. No matter what i do, it creeps up to full pressure. I just bought a distrubuter and have been using one regulator, but I sure would like to have both (after all...that is why i bought that set up in the first place). Never thought to email them since it's been 6+ months since I bought it. But I have had excelent customer service experiences with them in the past, so I'll email them tonight. Sure glad I found this thread!

Old 02-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #23
Tech211
Recipes 

They sent be a new one and I just had one of my new regulators go a bit strange. It was creeping to 5psi from zero. It didn't matter that I had turned the screw all the way out and made sure it was totally bled. I read that debris gets into these regulators during manufacturing so I decided to open it to 45psi and let it blast out of the gas line in a few bursts. I didn't have any hope that it would work, but it seems to have. It's a surprise, really.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #24
rmchair
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They sent me a new one in about 24 hours from my single email. That's all you can ask for. I am still happy with the company because it was the best deal, I just should have gone ahead and got the two keg setup though. The replacement will get here today. I did some surgery on the broken one and got it to work a enough to pour a beer (or six), but I lost some co2. you might try taking the chrome part apart and put back together. I think putting it in the fridge made something contract too much. I noticed another guy who thought the cold was an issue. I am moving the tank outside anyway, so hopefully no more problems..

Old 02-22-2009, 03:23 AM   #25
nickmpower
Recipes 

wow, is that not a steal for a 2 keg setup? and it comes with the kegs?

Old 02-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #26
rmchair
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah comes with kegs, I am a happy camper now that I got the new one and it is working good. They have pretty good prices on everything.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #27
DubBrew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I had this same problem and searched this board to find this thread. I followed the same path everyone else did and wrote Midwest. Tehy just replied that it is from daily use, no mention on a manufacturing issue, and no offer to replace. They did provide instructions to fix. I'm dissapointed because I have not had it very long and I've only used it for two kegs so far before having the issue.

I'm going to attempt the fix they described and will report back. Has anyone had this issue recently and tried their reccomended fix?

Old 02-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #28
bf514921
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i have had a similar issue, but mine was that the gauge would not read past 20 psi, even if i cranked the regular up to the point where the saftey valve popped. i went through the clean out process and still didn't work. after looking a little harder. the gauge face where the numbers are printed is BENT inward and the needle hits it and gets stuck, it won't go any farther. long story short, they are sending a new gauge, first they asked if i was comfortable replacing it, i said yes, then they said they will send a new gauge. +1 on customer service.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #29
rcbishop
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I had a problem like OP's, but it was with a brand new regulator. The pressure would slowly creep up to about 30PSI no matter where it was set.

Like most other people have said, I was very pleased with the way Midwest resolved the issue. I just ordered a bunch more stuff from them tonight

Old 12-08-2011, 03:17 AM   #30
theamigo
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Same thing is happening on one side of my new dual regulator setup that came with a kegging kit. I just contacted them to see what to do. It creeps up to 50psi with the valve adjusted to what should be off.

Quick Reply