Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > CO2 Regulator Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 03:12 AM   #1
BrewPiper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default CO2 Regulator Problem

I'm just putting together my kegging system for the first time, and I'm having a problem with my newly purchased Foxx Dual Gauge Regulator (purchased brand new from LHBS). The "hi" output gauge is properly measuring the amount of gas in the tank, but the regulator's "lo" outputs (which go to the output, and the output psi meter) are not working. In other words, the regulator is registering the gas in my tank, but isn't letting it out. There were no instructions with the regulator, so is there some easy preliminary thing that I have to do that I simply haven't, or is it just a faulty regulator?

Here's a link to the product: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f142/foxx-co2-primary-regulator-double-gauge-234785/

PS. Yes, I've opened the valve at output hose, so I know it isn't that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 04:05 AM   #2
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 485 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 67

The screw in the center needs to be turned in to put spring pressure on diaphragm to allow gas through to secondary

Old 06-02-2011, 04:09 AM   #3
hillhousesawdustco
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 24

So you've opened the valve on the co2 bottle itself, and turned the screw to increase the pressure being released into the system, and turned the red lever to be parallel with the output line and still nothing? No gas sounds at all that you can hear?

Old 06-02-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3203 Times on 3107 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewPiper View Post
I'm just putting together my kegging system for the first time, and I'm having a problem with my newly purchased Foxx Dual Gauge Regulator (purchased brand new from LHBS). The "hi" output gauge is properly measuring the amount of gas in the tank, but the regulator's "lo" outputs (which go to the output, and the output psi meter) are not working. In other words, the regulator is registering the gas in my tank, but isn't letting it out. There were no instructions with the regulator, so is there some easy preliminary thing that I have to do that I simply haven't, or is it just a faulty regulator?

Here's a link to the product: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f142/foxx-co2-primary-regulator-double-gauge-234785/

PS. Yes, I've opened the valve at output hose, so I know it isn't that.
So nothing comes out when you open the ball valve? What happens when you pull the pressure relief valve? Have you tried adjusting the pressure? Maybe it's just turned all the way down to zero.

Quick Reply