Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > CO2 refill West Houston, TX?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
dillypo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 9

Default CO2 refill West Houston, TX?

I'm going to venture into the land of kegging tomorrow but I need some CO2!

I've tried searching around but everything people suggested is either closed now or on the otherside of the city.

There is a few welding supply shops around, but I've read some horror stories about getting bad gas not fit for beverages... I'll use one if someone can confirm that a place has good CO2 but I don't want to go in blind.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit
Editing so as not to bump, but recording in case someone searches and finds this post...

Found a place right near me, Katy Butane/Katy Propane (not sure which one their name is, they use both) is on SH 90 just off of I-10.

They do refill CO2 tanks, they just want you to stick it in the freezer for about an hour before you bring it out there to chill it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
DisturbdChemist
It's Beermans World!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1418 Times on 993 Posts
Likes Given: 733

Same with most place you go to because they can put more CO2 into the tank. Defalcos is probably not too far from you on 610. Maybe a paintball shop can do it for you too. I just a kegging set up too and havent filled the CO2 yet. i'm waiting to put my kegerator together and have a batch ready before hand. You can always ask the grade of CO2 from the place you fill it up. It should say it on the tanks. Good luck find a place. I need to find one so I can get some hook ups

I do not have a drinking problem. Unless I'm out of beer...

This beer isn't accidental infected. It's purposely infected.

Twitter: @dcp006 - Ambidextrous Drinker
Untappd: BiggTexx

Check my home brew into untappd!
Abbey Normal BierWorx

Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #3
dillypo
Recipes 

Likes Given: 9

I'm actually closer to the one in Katy than Defalcos. I also read (DISCLAIMER: I didn't call to verify) that Defalcos keeps your tank overnight, which wouldn't work for me.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
DonTX
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Another place that may be useful to some is the Beverage Barn on Richmond. Its the drive through liquor store, but they also fill CO2. http://www.bbliquor.com/

Also, Texas Homebrewers at Fry Rd will be filling, but they need to get their regulator fixed, so it may be another week or 2, according to an email I got from them last week. http://www.texashomebrewers.com/

I am currently trying to find a place on the NW side (BW/290), so if anybody knows of anything up that way, I'd appreciate the info.

Quick Reply