*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Co2 In the fridge?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #11
knewshound
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

FWIW

Keeping the CO2 Canister outside may have a small benefit by having it warmer.

My kegs and fridge are in an outdoor room at the house and it gets pretty warm. I notice that as the temps rise, so does the pressure in the tank which is kept outside the fridge.

It would seem logical that having a lower temp for storage would by default lower the potential pressure available.

The N20 I run in my car benefits greatly by having the bottle warm for instance.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

knewshound

In Wine there is Wisdom.

In Beer there is Strength.

In Water there is Bacteria.

The knewshounds Blog

Homebrewing 1A

Homebrewing 101

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2006, 12:23 AM   #12
bikebryan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewshound
FWIW

Keeping the CO2 Canister outside may have a small benefit by having it warmer.

My kegs and fridge are in an outdoor room at the house and it gets pretty warm. I notice that as the temps rise, so does the pressure in the tank which is kept outside the fridge.

It would seem logical that having a lower temp for storage would by default lower the potential pressure available.

The N20 I run in my car benefits greatly by having the bottle warm for instance.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

knewshound
The amount of CO2 has nothing to do with what temperature it is at. It doesn't matter if it's at 38 degrees or 75 degrees. 5 pounds of CO2 is 5 pounds of CO2.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply