Clogged corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmystank

Reaction score
I had a double milk chocolate oatmeal stout on tap last sunday for fantasy draft and not thinking anything of my friends saying its kicked, as Im sure they know by now if a keg is done, I untapped it. Went to clean it the other day to find out theres a good amount still in it (maybe 5 beers). I was already committed so I dumped it. I noticed alot of trub/chocolate/yeast at the bottom of the keg. Could this have caused the tube to get clogged and give a "false empty"? If so, is there any solution for this?

I'm not sure how you get a false empty. I've had kegs get clogged with trub before and I just reverse the air flow and blow the obstruction out. But when they are truly finished, you get just air out of the tap. Was there just air or nothing at all came out?

Could this have caused the tube to get clogged and give a "false empty"? If so, is there any solution for this?

Yes
Let it clear longer before kegging or add a Sureflow screen.

I would have poured the leftovers in a 2L PET and re-carbonated.

Back