Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > chrome plated shanks???problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2009, 04:12 AM   #1
discgolfin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default chrome plated shanks???problems

ok ..so I finally broke down my whole system to clean..way to long..I have ss foreward seal facuets with 3/16 inner shanks chrome plated. I looked inside the shanks and its seems to have coroded...anyone else have this problem?? The beer started to taste a bit off so it was time to clean everything..should I just jump into an all ss set up?? MIcromatic has 1/4 ID ss shanks..just need some advice on this..anyone else use 3/16 lines into 1/4 shanks??work well.??

Thanks.

Jay

Primary: DFH 60 IPA
Secondaty: Blond Ale, Apfelwine, Crandaddy mead
Bottle: Blue moon clone,Kolsch, Eds House Ale, Barley wine, Stone IPA, Oatmeal stout, Hefe,

Drinking: 60 minute IPA, Honkers Ale, Wheat, cherry wheat, Appfelwine,

On Deck: Imperial Stout,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
discgolfin
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolfin View Post
ok ..so I finally broke down my whole system to clean..way to long..I have ss foreward seal facuets with 3/16 inner shanks chrome plated. I looked inside the shanks and its seems to have coroded...anyone else have this problem?? The beer started to taste a bit off so it was time to clean everything..should I just jump into an all ss set up?? MIcromatic has 1/4 ID ss shanks..just need some advice on this..anyone else use 3/16 lines into 1/4 shanks??work well.??

Thanks.

Jay
No one have this problem?? The inside of the shanks looks coroded...I decided to finally go to SS shanks to go with my ss perlicks..

Jay

Primary: DFH 60 IPA
Secondaty: Blond Ale, Apfelwine, Crandaddy mead
Bottle: Blue moon clone,Kolsch, Eds House Ale, Barley wine, Stone IPA, Oatmeal stout, Hefe,

Drinking: 60 minute IPA, Honkers Ale, Wheat, cherry wheat, Appfelwine,

On Deck: Imperial Stout,

Old 05-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
baer19d
Recipes 

Mine turned blackish is some places but I haven't noticed any effect on the beer.

Quick Reply