Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > CHEAP GOOD BOTTLES - Arizona Tea Bottles 20 oz new amber PET

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #11
Mumbly
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightSpotBrewing View Post
Only thing is... at $1 per bottle, a case of actual glass beer bottles is only a dollar or so more... either way, cheers!
keep an eye out, every couple of weeks they go on sale for 50 cents. they are usually with a coupon in the ad. and in the off chance (if your local walgreens district is the same as mine) we do in store specials, and sometimes the arizona goes for 29 cents a bottle.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #12
beerman1957
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muph View Post
I've never heard of the term "uncertified container" does anyone have any links to info on this? I did a google search and found nothing. They seem to be at least 4 times thicker than a regular 2 liter bottle, same with the screw on cap. #1 plastic resin code which is used for most beverages. I'm positive if I were to fill it with soda and shake it that it would hold, hopefully someone that has seen them before can comment on this, I really don't know much about the subject. I'm extremely confident they will hold, I'll be sure to post either way. I appreciate the tip beerman!
Usually if the beverage is not carbonated to begin with, then the bottle probably isn't rated to hold pressure. I know there is a certain thickness of material to be rated to hold CO2. I have seen the Arizona tea bottles and I personally would never use them for any kind of long-term storage.

All containers reach a shelf life and are not good after that. Even glass becomes stressed after use during storage and filling.

This all being said, I don't bottle beer much anyway. There may be people here that have used the Arizona Tea bottles with success. They do seem awfully inadequate. I mean the top is not really sealed and that is where I would expect to see failure especially if the beer has a lot of carbonation. If I bottled beer, I would get the best thing I could come across.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
Brulosopher
Recipes 

Liked 210 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbly

keep an eye out, every couple of weeks they go on sale for 50 cents. they are usually with a coupon in the ad. and in the off chance (if your local walgreens district is the same as mine) we do in store specials, and sometimes the arizona goes for 29 cents a bottle.
Thanks, but I don't bottle. When I do, I use glass... very rare

Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
muph
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbly View Post
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightSpotBrewing View Post
Thanks, but I don't bottle. When I do, I use glass... very rare
Exploding plastic bottles are messy. Exploding glass bottles are dangerous...

Old 02-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
muph
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just an update for anyone following this... The bottles work great, the pressure will push the bottom out a bit like the previous guy was saying. Bottles still stand up fine too, even with bulge on bottom since it is still flat on the very bottom.

Quick Reply