Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Changing towers on a commercial kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Fusorfodder
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Changing towers on a commercial kegerator

I might be picking up a True TDD-1, and it has a tower with a single faucet. Is it terribly difficult to change out a tower on this or on commercial style kegerator in general?

Primary - Beer
Primary - More Beer
Secondary - Still More Beer
Kegged - Yet More Beer
Planning - A Bunch of Beer and some mead

I always forget to update this thing, so the above should in general hold true.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Chris K
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

i changed out the single tap faucet on my beverage-air bm23 and installed a two tap faucet of about the same size. it was pretty simple and took only about 1/2 hour. remove screws holding stock tower, install new tower.

if you are lucky the new tower screw holes will coincide with the stock faucet, but i was not so fortunate. i had to utilze two (or three) of the stock holes, and had to drill new holes for the slightly larger faucet. it was not difficult....for me. YMMV!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply