Carbonator Cap Alternative?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

732Brewer

Reaction score
Hello all,

It appears that since the carbonator cap became popular, they doubled the price since it came out (might have even tripled). Is there any alternative? I saw a "make your own" with a bike valve but is there anything that can be built/bought that will go directly onto the keg tube?

the-carbonator.jpg

^ya but I want to make some nice diy ones. If they come out to be only a few dollars less via the diy method I rather not even go that route. But, I am wanting to get 6 of these or so so the price adds up. Its just gets to me that something that should be a few dollars is selling for such an inflated price.

Homebrewfinds.com discusses a few alternatives:

Kent systems

$3 carbonation caps

Awesome - looks like the carbonation cap is the way to go. I picked up some of them to test with. I heard a guy say he bought the other cap (the $15 one) for $6 a year or two ago. Its a pita they made the price go up that high since you know its being made for pennies. I know there is r&d cost and mold cost etc, but thats what I am paying for in the $3 cap I just purchased

I have a few diy ones and a stainless steel carbonator cap. I like them both.

Back