Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Carbonate then age or vice versa?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
Desert_Sky
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Carbonate then age or vice versa?

Well Im in the process of figuring out this kegging thing. One question I do have for you guys is about aging. Now once in the keg, do you let it sit somewhere to age, or do you go ahead and corbonate first?

I went ahead and corbonated it, which I think is going to be a problem. Just knowing that I have corbonated beer in the fridge is going to be on my mind constantly. I know it needs time to age, but Im going to try and do my best not to drink it before its ready.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
nosnhojr
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimone
I went ahead and corbonated it, which I think is going to be a problem. Just knowing that I have corbonated beer in the fridge is going to be on my mind constantly. I know it needs time to age, but Im going to try and do my best not to drink it before its ready.
I think you've nailed the main problem. I kegged my first attempt at IPA, then ended up drinking half of it before it really peaked.

You could try placing six packs of your favorite commercial been around the keg, and see if that helps avoid/limit premature sampling.

Best of luck!

on tap: raspberry melomel
primary: first all-grain!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply