Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Carbing/Flavor issue....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
J-ROD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Carbing/Flavor issue....

So, I brewed a batch of Sweetwater clone...primary for 21 days and secondary for 7 days. Then it was chilled for 3 days @ 35 in my fridge and has been on 12 psi of gas for 7 days. On day 5 it tasted great and was carbed up nicely... so I had a couple of pints. I thought I would have a pint before mowing and bam, it sucks. carbonation is still the same but it taste extremely astringent. I have kegged several batches by quick carbing and had no problems this is my first "set it and forget it" try and I'm a little frustrated. Carbonic Acid? Any ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My guess is greeness and carbonic acid. Set it and forget it is not meant to be drank right away. Yes, it will be carbonated, but it will taste best after 2-3 weeks on gas.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 05-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
demonrichie
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

not a kegger but from what I know in general i have to agree with sutherncomfrt

makng a site about homebrewing for fun you can check it out a hbhda.weebly.com . im still working on it and any tips are appreciated

Old 05-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
J-ROD
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the advice....I got a little over zealous. I'll push it into the back of the fridge for a few weeks and see what happens.

Quick Reply