Can someone tell what this part is for??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjoneill

Reaction score
I have recently acquired some kegging equipment that belonged to my grandfather. He had all the basics keg, Co2 tank, regulator, faucet, lines, ball lock fittings, and this. I figured it might be for aeration, but I cant figure out how it would work.

It has what looks like a ball lock fitting for the keg and a milton type fitting you would use on an air compressor and a screen on the other end of the hose.

Thanks for the help

Ben

IMAG0047.jpg

I'm with you. I think it's used for aeration. It looks like a custom setup though, so I'd have to assume he's got a keg without a post on it that's been rigged up to use this.

Now that you mention it thats exactly what it looks like! :mug:

I just figured it was part of the brewing equipment for the simple reason it was with all the brewing stuff, but my dad went through everything when my grandfather passed, and there is no telling what was in the mix.

SO.....I feel like and idiot now. :rolleyes: I tried to put it on the keg given this new perspective on the part, and it doesn't even fit the ball lock on the the keg.

Made my day though good laugh!!!

Back