Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Can I still bottle condition this beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
CanadianQuaffer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Can I still bottle condition this beer?

Hey guys,

Racked some finished beer to a keg last night at my friend's house and we forgot to put the bottom cap on the auto-siphon, so I picked up more yeast than usual.

My intent was to fill just 6 bottles for a local competition from the keg when I got home, but I decided to cold crash it first to get the yeast to settle out.
Now the thought just occured to me that I may not be able to sufficiently bottle condition to ale due to this....anything to that concern or should I just RDWHAHB and fill the 6 bottles?

Cheers,

Nick

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
smokinj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You will be fine. There will be plenty of yeast still in suspension to carb it up. Another option would be to force carb it in the keg and fill bottles out of it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply