Can additional guages be added to this setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@!

Reaction score
This setup is for sale locally and I am wondering if I can add additional gauge bodies to run separate pressures. Can you tell from the pic or do I need to check it out in person?

c02andreg_143.jpg

I don't know about adding gauges to that existing regulator, but you can buy a multi-gauge or a secondary regulator to get more different-pressure outputs.

Good deal, what would be an appropriate price for said setup? He has it listed for $75. I offered him $60.

Are you going to use it as is? The tank looks like it's in good shape. Brand new, that set up would run about $80 for the tank and $65 for the regulator.

Even for 75, it's still a pretty good deal. Yoop is right on price for most homebrew stores/websites. Micromatic has the cheapest tanks/regs I could find online and reasonable shipping. Check them out for good reference prices, but this setup you're looking at is a better deal.

Are you going to use it as is? The tank looks like it's in good shape. Brand new, that set up would run about $80 for the tank and $65 for the regulator.
I want to eventually add an additional regulator to force carb and dispense in my soon to be built kegerator. I am trying to piece together as much as the equipment I can before I place a kegconnection order.

I already have a new Co2 bottle with no gauges but definitely want a back up. Looks like I will still buy it for $75 but it never hurts to try!

This setup is for sale locally and I am wondering if I can add additional gauge bodies to run separate pressures. Can you tell from the pic or do I need to check it out in person?

c02andreg_143.jpg

from the pic it looks like a high and low pressure gauges are already there all you would need is a manifold with gauges then you could just set the low pressure gauge on the tank at 30 psi and the rest at whatever psi is right for the keg at the time. This is my set up I can run 4 kegs at say 12 psi and 2 at another PSI to carb
manifold5.JPG

get it. 75 is cheap, even for just the tank. make sure the date on the tank is good. they have to be tested every 5 years. if you buy it, and its out of date, its up to you to pay for the test before anyone will fill it.

i am in the welding supply industry. i sell used steel tanks for 70, that one probably looks like a late 90's to early 2000's. its nice because its aluminum. they are real light.

as far as more gauges...you can ad more, if i am seeing the regulator correctly(can you take more pics), you do not need to use the mainfold mentioned above. the iftting on the right seems to be some sort of burst disk. this can be removed, and you can take a piece of 1/4'' pipe(make sure its high pressure) and take the inlet side out of another regulatir and screw that on. this picture looks like what i am talking about.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/no-gas-again-76479/index4.html

notice all regs in a line with pipe connecting to them

again, i cant really say what can be done to that reg without better pics or seeing it in person

hope this helps

ignore the manifold thing i said...its the same setup, just one is more elaborate. i'll take a picture later of what i was talking about...its the same basic idea...but your dealing with lower pressure. do what was said on here...my way deals with the high end of the pressure reg and might not be safe for someone who doesnt deal with it on a daily basis

Just picked it up for $60. I scored it from a saltwater aquarium forum.

Here is a closer pic of the gauge, thanks for your help I definitely don't have a lot of experience dealing with gas. Jonp you're good looks like the tank is from 96.

co2.jpg

the only problem you might run into is that the low pressure can only be adjusted to 15 psu. when you force carb, you might not be able to get the pressure you want. if its from a fish store, the bubble systems they use use very little co2. your low end gauge reads 15, you might only be able to get 20 psi out of it max.

you will need it tested before anyone reputable fills it.

Ahhh I didn't even think about the limitations of the low pressure. Would it be a good ides to just get the guage posted by Yuri and use the current gauge as my secondary for dispensing?

thats kind of the setup i was talking about. it looks pretty pricy though. as far as using the reg you just got with that tank, that will be fine for pushing beer from a tap

Back