Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Can additional guages be added to this setup?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
M@!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Can additional guages be added to this setup?

This setup is for sale locally and I am wondering if I can add additional gauge bodies to run separate pressures. Can you tell from the pic or do I need to check it out in person?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 606 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Any tank can be fitted with a multi regulator setup.

See here.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #3
bsay
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't know about adding gauges to that existing regulator, but you can buy a multi-gauge or a secondary regulator to get more different-pressure outputs.

Check out my Homebrewery Virtual Tour!

Who says you can't brew all-grain indoors?
Brewing 2.5 gal batches with a 2gal cooler MLT in my cramped apartment. Pictures coming soon!

Ask me about my Keezer/2.5 gal brew setup!

Old 09-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
M@!
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Good deal, what would be an appropriate price for said setup? He has it listed for $75. I offered him $60.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4369 Times on 3177 Posts
Likes Given: 850

Are you going to use it as is? The tank looks like it's in good shape. Brand new, that set up would run about $80 for the tank and $65 for the regulator.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
bsay
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Even for 75, it's still a pretty good deal. Yoop is right on price for most homebrew stores/websites. Micromatic has the cheapest tanks/regs I could find online and reasonable shipping. Check them out for good reference prices, but this setup you're looking at is a better deal.

Check out my Homebrewery Virtual Tour!

Who says you can't brew all-grain indoors?
Brewing 2.5 gal batches with a 2gal cooler MLT in my cramped apartment. Pictures coming soon!

Ask me about my Keezer/2.5 gal brew setup!

Old 09-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #7
M@!
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
Are you going to use it as is? The tank looks like it's in good shape. Brand new, that set up would run about $80 for the tank and $65 for the regulator.
I want to eventually add an additional regulator to force carb and dispense in my soon to be built kegerator. I am trying to piece together as much as the equipment I can before I place a kegconnection order.

I already have a new Co2 bottle with no gauges but definitely want a back up. Looks like I will still buy it for $75 but it never hurts to try!

Old 09-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
springer

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@! View Post
This setup is for sale locally and I am wondering if I can add additional gauge bodies to run separate pressures. Can you tell from the pic or do I need to check it out in person?

from the pic it looks like a high and low pressure gauges are already there all you would need is a manifold with gauges then you could just set the low pressure gauge on the tank at 30 psi and the rest at whatever psi is right for the keg at the time. This is my set up I can run 4 kegs at say 12 psi and 2 at another PSI to carb

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Old 09-10-2008, 11:16 PM   #9
jonp9576
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

get it. 75 is cheap, even for just the tank. make sure the date on the tank is good. they have to be tested every 5 years. if you buy it, and its out of date, its up to you to pay for the test before anyone will fill it.

i am in the welding supply industry. i sell used steel tanks for 70, that one probably looks like a late 90's to early 2000's. its nice because its aluminum. they are real light.

as far as more gauges...you can ad more, if i am seeing the regulator correctly(can you take more pics), you do not need to use the mainfold mentioned above. the iftting on the right seems to be some sort of burst disk. this can be removed, and you can take a piece of 1/4'' pipe(make sure its high pressure) and take the inlet side out of another regulatir and screw that on. this picture looks like what i am talking about.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/no-gas-again-76479/index4.html

notice all regs in a line with pipe connecting to them

again, i cant really say what can be done to that reg without better pics or seeing it in person

hope this helps

Old 09-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #10
jonp9576
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

ignore the manifold thing i said...its the same setup, just one is more elaborate. i'll take a picture later of what i was talking about...its the same basic idea...but your dealing with lower pressure. do what was said on here...my way deals with the high end of the pressure reg and might not be safe for someone who doesnt deal with it on a daily basis

Quick Reply