Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Calling all Blichmann BeerGun owners

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #41
FuelshopMcgee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdell19 View Post
So I have a question, I just got one of these and I am a little ticked about it not coming with the Y or T that you need on the regulator. But why do you need a second gas line going from the co2 regulator to the keg? To keep it pressurized? But if the keg is pressurized already do you still need it?
Because as your pushing the beer out you are relieving that pressure that was originally in the keg. W/out a constant supply of say 5psi to the keg you will be relying on the co2 pressure from the beer itself to be forced out and that just won't work for very long. You need to have the 2nd line hooked up to the gun obviously for purging the bottles w/ cO2.

Just bought one of these...Was very disapointed that it didn't come w/ the needed accessories. Why don't they just sell it as an all inclusive kit???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #42
Huskysibe
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Brewcity Supplies has the kit included, just follow the link on the previous page

My Brew Blog: http://crestwoodbrewing.wordpress.com/

Old 11-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #43
boostsr20
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford View Post
Does the Beergun have threading for flare connections on it, or is some sort of adaptor needed?
Anyone know the answer to this? I use sankes so I don't want to pay for a kit that includes parts I don't need. Plus I have beer line/co2 line and random fittings around here.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #44
AdamWiz
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelshopMcgee View Post
Just bought one of these...Was very disapointed that it didn't come w/ the needed accessories. Why don't they just sell it as an all inclusive kit???
I thought that it was pretty cheap of Blichmann to not include the needed accessories as well. But then I considered the fact that some people who already have plenty of spare fittings and whatnot would also buy it, and it wouldn't be fair to make them buy everything when all they need is the gun. This way, if you just need the gun you can buy just that, or if you need everything you can buy the accesory kit as well. Makes sense.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #45
AdamWiz
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostsr20 View Post
Anyone know the answer to this? I use sankes so I don't want to pay for a kit that includes parts I don't need. Plus I have beer line/co2 line and random fittings around here.
The beergun does have flare connections.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #46
bigbeergeek
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWiz View Post
I thought that it was pretty cheap of Blichmann to not include the needed accessories as well. But then I considered the fact that some people who already have plenty of spare fittings and whatnot would also buy it, and it wouldn't be fair to make them buy everything when all they need is the gun. This way, if you just need the gun you can buy just that, or if you need everything you can buy the accesory kit as well. Makes sense.
Plus, the accessories aren't needed. It's nice to purge a bottle with CO2, but commercial beers aren't and nearly all homebrewed beers aren't either. I have yet to buy the accessory kit.

"Good people drink good beer." -HST

Old 05-10-2012, 02:11 AM   #47
matalec1984
Recipes 

So perhaps I'm having straight kegging issues, or maybe this is something common to the beer gun, but I am having head retention issues. I feel like I have tried everything. I have even had my beer sit at 30 PSI for a week and then bottled at 10 PSI using the beer gun. The beer remains carbonated, but I am losing almost all of my head retention unless I pour extremely hard.

Why is this happening. The head lasts nicely if I pour straight from the keg......Thoughts?

Bottled:ESB, Rye Dog Pale Ale V.1, All the Kings Horses Pilsner v.1, Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Daywalker Red Ale v.1,Hazelnut Spiced Porter, 2009 Red Meritage, 2011 Dry Mead, 2009 New England Cyser, 2009 South African Shiraz, 2009 Chilean Chardonnay, 2011 Dry Johannisburg Riesling
Primary: Vanilla Milk stout v.2 and v.3, Chocolate Raspberry Port
Secondary:Italian Barolo, Cran-Blackberry Melomel, Peach Icewine
On Deck:Isla's Boon Strawberry Blonde v.1, Caramel Apple Mead

Old 12-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #48
smokinghole
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 108 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 10

So I have a question. I'm about to use a beer gun for the first time. Why can't someone just combine the best of a counterpressure and the beer gun by putting a small drilled stopper on the beer gun shaft. Then you can put a very small bent needle through the stopper to provide an escape for the CO2 providing some back pressure. I'm about to pick up some new tubing for my beer line today and a small stopper to give this a try on an 14% imperial stout that never bottle conditioned.

Going through life is hard.
Going through life stupid is harder.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #49
bigbeergeek
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 79

It's unnecessary. The fine design of the beer gun minimizes carbonation loss due to sharp bends, trapped air and the like. You don't need to fill pressurized bottles with a well designed dispenser.

"Good people drink good beer." -HST

Old 12-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #50
bmwwd6
Recipes 

What method is everyone finding the best to clean and sanitize the beer gun and lines? I don't have a spare keg to push sanitizer through. Just disassemble and soak?

Quick Reply