Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Building a Kegerator Part 3

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
brewmastercontrols
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default Building a Kegerator Part 3

In part 2 I had just finished the install of the faucets and roughing in the liquid lines. Here we continue, but first i finished up the gas system in the beer area adding the four gas fittings. I cut the tubing to a length were I can work on a keg on the floor with ease but do not have a mess of tube once the keg is in the fridge on the shelf.

Back to the liquid system! There was not much left with the liquid system. Just to route the lines from the kegs to the back of the shanks. Here one must make calculations for the serving pressure and line length. The goal is to deliver the beer to the faucet with less than one PSI of pressure on it. Else you get a foam mess in your mug. I would say this is the most important thing to pay attention to, else you have a foam dispenser not a kegerator.

A good guide can be found here to calculate your line length. I am using 3/16 delivery line so I did not need miles of line. Just about 6 or 8 feet. I cleaned up the installation making a passage through the internal door skin and then coiling the line below the shanks. See the picture below.

I routed the line through the door skin to further clean up the install and allow the little brown door to close completely. Here you can see the holes into the door skin.

With the lines in the door done the next thing to do was to mount the lines internally so the door will close and not pinch the lines. To do this I added a couple P clamps high up near the light that hold the two liquid lines. The door closes with ease and the two lines coil over. Here is how it looked when done.

From here I moved back to the freezer and cleaned up the line install here and added the wire rack back. Just to make things look better I sprayed the wire rack with some flat black paint.

That is it for progress up to now. In the next post I will finish the kegerator up adding chalkboard paint to the freezer door and kegs!! to the fridge! Nearing completion!

Cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply