Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Building a coffin, and trying not to lose my cool...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #11
ubermick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Yep, there's a 7" collar on there, letting me fit 2 on the hump. If the freezer were about an inch and a half longer, I could get an extra one in:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #12
JakeTheHopDog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Totally missed this thread, Ubermick. Looks great! For someone who claims to lack woodworking skills, you did a very fine job. What did you use for the top surface? I like the color contrast with the dark wood. I did the same thing one day with my coffin. Fortunately, I was able to put the lid back down real quick and grab it before it just before it went off the back. Heartbeat went through the roof, so I can only imagine how pi$$ed you were.

In retrospect, I now with I’d put a collar on mine and two more taps, as there are so many beers I want to brew, but just don’t have room.

Keith

My Keezer Build

HOP DOG BREWING CO.
Spring Hill, FL
"If you can't drink with the Hop Dog..."

"Doppler Effect": The sudden change in pitch of a car horn as a car passes by.
"Dopeler Effect": The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:43 AM   #13
ubermick
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheHopDog View Post
Totally missed this thread, Ubermick. Looks great! For someone who claims to lack woodworking skills, you did a very fine job. What did you use for the top surface? I like the color contrast with the dark wood. I did the same thing one day with my coffin. Fortunately, I was able to put the lid back down real quick and grab it before it just before it went off the back. Heartbeat went through the roof, so I can only imagine how pi$$ed you were.

In retrospect, I now with I’d put a collar on mine and two more taps, as there are so many beers I want to brew, but just don’t have room.
Cheers Keith. And for what it's worth, the woodworking was a nightmare. The lid took two tries - the other one is currently in the garage awaiting a dump run. Getting everything lined up was next to impossible, and my mitered corners look good from far, but they're far from good.

The collar was definitely a good move. I'm already at capacity, and could use another tap or two.

Quick Reply