Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Building 3-keg Keezer for 2 craft and 1 commercial, need buying advice for novice.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
dozens
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Building 3-keg Keezer for 2 craft and 1 commercial, need buying advice for novice.

Guys, I'm a total keg novice that's diving full-on in.

I'm about to build a keezer and am looking to buy a kit. I have NO kegs or tanks. I plan to have 3 kegs total, two craft and one commercial. I have a commercial tap and whatever the part is that attaches to commercial kegs.

Two questions:

1) Do I need any additional gear or special equipment to pressurize and serve a commercial tap? If so, can you show/link me to what I need?

2) Considering the above commercial keg info, what kit can I get that supplies me with everything I need for these 3 taps, minus the commercial tap and keg-connection-thing?

Thanks you guys! I'm excited! Wanna order this TONIGHT!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
NCGrayson
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

check out kegconnection.com or any of the other numerous venders on this site. there's a bunch of pretty straight forward websites out there that offer a lot of explanation on what their equipment does/is used for.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
zachattack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 234 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 124

By "craft" I assume you mean homebrew? Almost all US brewers use Sankey D couplers, whether it's macro or micro.

I'd put MFL connections on everything for easy swapping of Corney QD or Sankey couplers. And I'd buy two couplers, that way you can run a bunch of different combinations of corney/Sankey. Since 1/6 bbl kegs are about the same size as a Corney you'll probably be able to swap out as needed. Read up on all the hardware/fittings/connectors and go from there!

Old 09-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
purplehaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default keezer

I just finished one of these that holds both commercial and homebrew kegs. I bought some items new, some old and traded for the remainder of what I needed to save a bit. Here is a link for you

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Categories.bok?category=*Homebrew+Kegerator+Kits%3 APin+Lock+Kits%3AStandard+Kits%3ABasic+Kits

You can upgrade and add a sanke coupler for commercial kegs, etc etc to these kits.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
DPBISME
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I bought some stuff at the Beverage Warehouse and they have a section for building Keezers and Keggerators...

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/conversion-kits.shtml

I will have to check out the other site...

Quick Reply