Brand new to Kegging...need a part ID'd

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigE

Reaction score
Hey guys,
finally bit the bullet and got a kegging system from my LHB. When looking at the gas disconnect hose they included which looks to be a fastner with a swivel tag (the orange thing) on it....it constricts and expands when twisting...it slides freely right now. It can be taken off if needed. Both lines already came connected to both disconnects (gas and liquid)...so what is it?

DSCN3016.jpg

DSCN3015.jpg

question part deux: the regulator that came with the kit is a tapright dual. Everything I read says I need a washer....this one says it has an inlet nipple seal. So no washer needed? Thanks for keeping me from blowing myself up. :mug:

Thanks guys.

No it's a clamp for the other end, for sure. Although it is a mystery to me why that huge butterfly thing is on there since it certainly wouldn't fit in *my* tower that way.

Probably setup that way to make it 'tool-less' for use with either the picnic faucet or for faucets going through the side of a keezer... Tower setups are a different story. Although, if the tower was set up with lines from the store, you could just use a coupler fitting from that line to the one from the keg post and be good to go...

thanks for the responses guys.....I think it's used to tighten up the hose to the barbed outlet nipple from the regulator. The other end of the gas line is just....a hose. Every other kit I've seen comes with a swivel nut on the other site to connect to the regulator. The butterfly thing must be to ensure a tight connection perhaps?

here is the exact regulator I have. Notice the outlet fitting is just a barbbed nipple without a swivel nut. Is this okay to just hook up a regular hose with? Do I need one with a swivel nut? Seems kinda wild just to slide the hose on the regulator nipple without any kind of clamp or connector.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/images/tn2_large_tf_t742081810092848.jpg

Back