Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Bought a new Micro matic Reg...got taken.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
patthebrewer
Manasquan River Brewing LLC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Default Bought a new Micro matic Reg...got taken.

Well maybe not taken but its wasn't the deal I thought it was either. Needed a new reg. so I stroll into the Resturant supply place we have here in northern Ocean County. Spot a Micromatic 642, usually this place is willing to deal alittle so I ask. Best they can do is 64.99 list price $80....in my head I'm thinking I know I saw these for Plus $100 bucks...I ask to see if it hold pressure....he checks and the tank gauge doesn't read..he says "someone must have knocked it over" ...he takes out a replacement gauge, and gives it to me, and asks if I'm still interested he'll throw in the replacement guage. Okay, I say, I'll take it thinking, I got a great deal. Get the thing home and just for the sake of looking I decided I'm going to See how great a deal I got, so I can show the wife. Look it up and The Beverage Factory has 'em for 68 bucks brand new...Me, I got the floor model that I had to replace the gauge on, and of course the wife is looking over the shoulder, with this...look on her face......guess I should done my research first. Anyone have one of these kinds of days.

ManasquanRiverBrewingllc@outlook.com

"Custom Hand Crafted Fine Brewing Implements, Mash Paddles & Wood Working For Brewers by a Brewer. Serving both Pro Brewers and Home Brewing Customers"

Available thru the Fine Folks at MoreBeer! Inc.

Also available thru select Local Home Brew Stores World Wide.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 295 Times on 239 Posts
Likes Given: 53

That sucks...I always look prices up on my phone before pulling the trigger to avoid such shenanigans.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply