*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Bought a new Micro matic Reg...got taken.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
patthebrewer
Manasquan River Brewing LLC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 141

Default Bought a new Micro matic Reg...got taken.

Well maybe not taken but its wasn't the deal I thought it was either. Needed a new reg. so I stroll into the Resturant supply place we have here in northern Ocean County. Spot a Micromatic 642, usually this place is willing to deal alittle so I ask. Best they can do is 64.99 list price $80....in my head I'm thinking I know I saw these for Plus $100 bucks...I ask to see if it hold pressure....he checks and the tank gauge doesn't read..he says "someone must have knocked it over" ...he takes out a replacement gauge, and gives it to me, and asks if I'm still interested he'll throw in the replacement guage. Okay, I say, I'll take it thinking, I got a great deal. Get the thing home and just for the sake of looking I decided I'm going to See how great a deal I got, so I can show the wife. Look it up and The Beverage Factory has 'em for 68 bucks brand new...Me, I got the floor model that I had to replace the gauge on, and of course the wife is looking over the shoulder, with this...look on her face......guess I should done my research first. Anyone have one of these kinds of days.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 305 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 53

That sucks...I always look prices up on my phone before pulling the trigger to avoid such shenanigans.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply