Bottling whats left

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jampott77

Reaction score
I just filled a keg and have approximately a sixer or so left. I want to bottle the rest so it doesn't go to waste. I know the bottling procedures and I found a priming calculator. My question is how much water to boil with the priming sugar. Do you use 16 oz or do you scale it down. Thanks in advance.

I just filled a keg and have approximately a sixer or so left. I want to bottle the rest so it doesn't go to waste. I know the bottling procedures and I found a priming calculator. My question is how much water to boil with the priming sugar. Do you use 16 oz or do you scale it down. Thanks in advance.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it really matters. I usually go with just enough water to dissolve the sugar completely and then a bit extra to account for evaporation during boil (yes its covered) so it doesn't get too syrup like.

Thanks. I used enough water to keep it from getting syrupy. I just didnt want to water it down to much.

For bottling just a few, you can always try carbonation drops/tabs. Not as precise, and I've heard they take a bit longer to dissolve and carbonate, but at least you won't be watering the beer down.

Back