My very first batch, an American IPA kit from Williams, is close to being ready to bottle. The estimated FG according to them is 1.022 and the last reading I took on Saturday night was 1.020, which was only a point lower than two days before. I'm guessing it'll probably still be 1.020 the next time I read it, either today or tomorrow (at least I hope it is).
I've been fermenting it in primary for just over a week - since last Sunday, so just over 8 days now, so it seems about right. I know 10-14 is pretty standard.
I just have a potential issue that I need a few opinions on. I'm heading out next Saturday for 2 days. We'd rather not leave the central heating on the whole time we're gone, which means it's going to get pretty cold in there while we're gone - probably down to the low 50's overnight. I know it's best to carbonate at a warmer temp - around 70. So if I were to bottle tonight or tomorrow, it wouldn't have a full 7 days at a warm temp.
Will this be a problem, and what would you recommend? I could just leave it in primary for another week I guess (more waiting, but ooohh welll) - but then will the 2 days of cold temps be an issue for that too? I would want to bottle right when I get back. I'm really hoping it'll all be ready to go by a trip to Tahoe in late January...
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!