New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Bottling from taps - Perlick owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #21
nostalgia
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC0032 View Post
I want one; details on ordering?

Also WTF is that bottle sanatizer thing you have?
See post 12 in this thread for details on ordering, and the price is $15 as in my first post. Mike tells me these will be on the website soon, but until then you can request it via email.

The bottle sanitizer doodad is a Vinator bottle rinser.

-Joe

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #22
bmckee56
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Nice video on bottling. You state serving pressure of 12psi and that is what you are bottling at, right? Wouldn't it be a good thing to kick the pressure a pound or two higher to compensate for lost carbonation during the process? I have never bottled in this manner (actually never bottled at all) and am just trying to get things right when I do it for the first time.

I like the concept of bottling carbonated beer and not having to worry about it getting where you want it.

Thanks.

Salute!

On Tap #1 - East End Brew
On Tap #2 - Nada
On Tap #3 - Nuttin-Honey Ale
Fermenting - BMB's Cascading Citra Ale

Old 08-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #23
nostalgia
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Thanks for the kind comments on the video. It was shot with a Panasonic PV-GS70D Mini-DV camcorder and edited with Adobe Premier Elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmckee56 View Post
You state serving pressure of 12psi and that is what you are bottling at, right? Wouldn't it be a good thing to kick the pressure a pound or two higher to compensate for lost carbonation during the process?
It sounds like a good idea, but I'm way too lazy for that You'd have to up the carbonation days before you bottle to get the CO2 dissolved into solution.

In practice, I haven't found a noticeable difference in carbonation, even after 4 months storage at room temp. The porter I bottled in April still had a big, creamy head on it when poured from the bottles.

-Joe

Old 08-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #24
fartingdog
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia View Post
Well that's neat. I guess the tube makes a seal against the faucet body?

I just opened two bottles that were bottled from the tap 5 months ago, and they were just as good as from the tap. So either I'm lucky or anal-retentive enough about line cleanliness I clean my lines with hot BLC every time I kick a keg, as soon as it's empty.

-Joe
Yesterday a buddy and I cracked a bottle of weizenbock that was bottled from the tap almost 2 years ago, it tasted awesome Good carb and only a slight hint of oxidation (plum/sherry-which really enhanced the brew) I use ~8" of 1/2" vinyl tubing hooked directly to the tap for quick fills and some competition entries, but will pull out the beergun if I'm filling a bunch of bottles.

Being drunk is the best feeling in my poor world. - Drinky Crow

Old 08-03-2009, 02:38 AM   #25
BLUEZL600EFI
Recipes 

Hello I'm Mike the guy who owns Center Line. I should have these on the website later this week. I only made a handful (both thread sizes). I will make more but not for a few weeks as my supplier is out of food grade stainless.

I will sell the few I have on a first requested first served. You can email me at "Mike@centerlinemachining.com"

Just request the bottle filler, and what thread you need, and I will invoice you through Paypal. They will be $15.00 and $2.00 for shipping.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #26
brewpal
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I use an alternate method for a quick fill of a bottle or two from my perlick faucets. The short section of plastic racking cane I used previously in a picnic faucet did not quite fit securely in the perlick spout. I heated the end of the plastic racking cane in a flame until it was a bit soft, then pressed the cane onto a flat surface to create a small bulge. Unscrew the spout, insert the cane, and screw the spout back in and it makes a decent seal. I don't have a stopper on the cane yet, but might try that in the future.

Probably not as secure as the barbed spout described in this thread, but better than trying to fill out of the spout alone.

Last edited by brewpal; 10-25-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:36 PM   #27
bdnoona
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting this. I just ordered one.

Fermenting, aging, kegged, bottled, drinking, etc... Who's got time to keep their sig updated?
The answer to all is: something (hopefully good).

Go White Sox! http://www.sox35th.com/

Old 08-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #28
stevea1210
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I ordered one as well. It will make it easier bottling for contests.

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel. - Homer Jay Simpson

Old 08-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #29
bdnoona
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I filled up a growler right from the tap last night. Screw on nozzle, shove on hose, fill up at normal serving PSI, done. Took about two minutes. Awesome. Thanks so much!

Fermenting, aging, kegged, bottled, drinking, etc... Who's got time to keep their sig updated?
The answer to all is: something (hopefully good).

Go White Sox! http://www.sox35th.com/

Old 08-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #30
novafire
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I've filled roughly half a keg's worth of bottles buy slipping a Grolsch style gasket onto my sanitized Perlick nozzle.

1. Bleed excess gas from the keg.
2. Set your gas to just enough PSI to dispense.
3 Push a bottle up onto the Perlick until it seals with the Grolsch gasket.
4. Turn on the tap and tilt the bottle ever so slightly to one side to let gas escape while the bottle fills.
5. You can straighten the bottle at any time throughout the filling process to slow or stop the flow of beer.

I've liked this process so far since the control of beer is easily within reach, you don't need any additional plumbing, and my drip tray can catch any excess foam or drips.

Quick Reply