Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Bottling in Session Beer Bottles problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
pfunc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bottling in Session Beer Bottles problem

First time bottling. Tried to place these Black Oxygen Barrier bottlecaps on a snubnose Session Ale bottle with a wing capper. I could not get it to work.

I'm wondering if my bottlecaps are too big or if I need to use a different capper (or just a different bottle)?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
WDT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Are you talking about the full sail stubby bottles?

If so, I couldn't get caps to go on them either. I believe it was the capper's fault and not the bottle. Maybe a bench capper would be a better solution.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
Irrenarzt
HNIC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 155 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 91

I talked to a guy at a local competition about this issue this past weekend. It sounds like it is a problem with either bench or wing cappers. He mentioned making a ring out of PVC and that solved the problem. I haven't tried it yet so I haven't really figured out what the problem is. It sounds like the capper bell is too deep and the sidewalls hit the sides of the bottle before the cap is able to be pressed on.

I've been saving these bottles for a while now so I have about ten 12 packs of them with boxes in nice condition. I'm kind of bummed that it's not going to work without issues as these bottles stack up well and save a lot of space.

On Tap: Belgian Pale Ale, Session Porter, American Brown Ale, Rum Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy, Beer Camp #118 Grandma's Closet

On Deck: Oud Bruin, Blue Corn Saison, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Pomegranate Cider

Quick Reply