Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Bottling/Priming Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
adamg8504
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Bottling/Priming Questions

I am bottling my dry hopped American PA (4.75 gal) tomorrow and have a few questions.

1: I was given an opened bag of corn sugar from a LHBS and I'm not sure how old it is. Does this go bad/should I not use it?

2: If I don't use it then I'll most likely prime with cane sugar (table sugar). Is there a problem with this?

3: How much water should you boil your sugar in prior to putting it in your bottling bucket?

4: I am going to cold crash my beer at 37 degrees F over night in hopes that most of the hops will go to the bottom. When I go to Northern Brewer to calculate how much priming sugar to use it asks for the "current temperature" of the beer. Should I enter the ~40 degrees or should I enter the ~70 degrees, which is what I plan on bottling condition at? The reason I ask this is that it makes quite a bit of difference in the amount of sugar to be used.

Thank you,

Adam

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply