Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Bottling Bourbon-Aged Beers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Cpsurfer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bottling Bourbon-Aged Beers

For my next batch I was going to experiment with racking a porter or stout onto boubon and bourbon-soaked oak chips in secondary.

I've never left beer in secondary for more than a few weeks before, nor have I ever put alcohol into my beer. Could I prime and bottle as normal without worrying about having to add more yeast to replace what may have fallen out of suspension/been killed off by the booze?

Thanks...I tried searching and couldn't find the answer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
Brewkowski
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I would say yes. I did a bourbon oak stout and it came out great after just a few weeks with the oak chips. I used about 1.5 oz heavy toasted soaked in Jim Beam Black for about a month. It carbed up just fine, actually mine came out a little too carbed in my opinion. I don't think the alcohol will affect the yeast at all.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
Cpsurfer
Recipes 

Awesome, thanks!

Quick Reply