Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > bottling already carbed beer straight from the tap

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
nipsy3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default bottling already carbed beer straight from the tap

I really hate bottling and have little time for it anymore, so I keg now, but I like to bottle a few to give out and I hate the setup process just to bottle a sixer or two.

I know it can be done by lowering the keg pressure to 2 psi or so to prevent foaming, thus loss of carbonation and potential oxidizing, but does it work well? Will the beer still hold it's carbonation? Will it get oxidized at all? Should I put some type of tube on the tab so the beer runs straight to the bottom of the bottle without splashing, like a I would normally do with bottling. Or is the 2 psi slow enough. I'm probably gonna try it anyways, but was wondering what other's results were.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
Arneba28

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Yes look for BM's Beer Gun. I think the name of the thread was "We dont need no stinkin beer gun", look for that. Also. If your going off a picnic tap its a little easier then going off a tap tower. I end up losing carbonation in my bottles if I go off the tower, but with growlers the tap works great at low pressure and if the growler is already frozen.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4618 Times on 3353 Posts
Likes Given: 903

It is quick and easy to bottle from the tap, even without a beergun (which are very expensive), using this technique: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-n...eer-gun-24678/

I've had beers perfectly carbed and not oxidized even many months later!

Old 06-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
Arkador
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 10

+1 on the BMBG. They will stay carbed until opened. If you follow his process, there should be no fear of oxidation.

Quick Reply