The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Bottles for a belgian golden strong ale.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
bartons15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bottles for a belgian golden strong ale.

Brewed up a batch of Belgian golden strong ale and am confused as to how to title this. Some folks say to add a bit of yeast as well as priming sugar. Will a regular style beer bottle be ok or do I need a heavier bottle? Any advice appreciated on anything concerning this beer. It was the partial mash kit from Love2brew.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
lstrowge
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Can't speak to the Golden Strong but I recently bottled a batch of oaked Belgian Dark Strong (approx 10.2%)that spent about 6 weeks on the oak chips. I bottled with about half a dry pack of rehydrated Champaign yeast and priming sugar to get to approx 3 vols in regular 22oz bottles. Trying to avoid bottle bombs. Two weeks in my ferm chamber at 72% and the first tester carbed nicely.

I have had issues previously bottling high gravity beers and getting them to carb properly. It seems the Champaign yeast did the trick. The bottles are now in my basement closet holding at about 65, with a couple in the fridge ofcourse.

Next time I will harvest about a jelly jar of the yeast from the starter prior to pitching to save for bottling and see how that goes.

Keg 1 - Citra IPA
Keg 2 - Columbus IPA
Keg 3 - GrapeFruit HEFE
Keg 4 - Belgian Pale
Keg 5 - Mocha-Spresso Stout
Keg 6 -
Keg 7 -
Keg 8 -

Primary - Sassy Ginger, Irish Red
Secondary - Citra Bomb APA( 10 gal), Chimay Red Clone
Lager: 10 gal Octoberfest

Bottled: