New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Bottles to avoid. Proffered bottles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #41
kblankenship11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 20

My favorites are Saranac and Sam Adams. The Saranac labels come off super easy and the Sam Adams bottles are nice and thick.

Flying Bison Brewing Co. labels are my least favorite... It's like they use some kind of space-age super adhesive to keep those labels on. I just chuck them if a buddy drops them off to me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #42
BonzoAPD
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I just started collecting bottles. Sam Adams is my favorite commercial beer so I am glad those are good bottles to reuse. I only have 16 so far so I will have to use some Heinekin bottles that I have. Are they ok for bottling? Minus the obvious of being green not brown? Also what are some good beers in 22oz bottles? Have only seen Heinekin and Budweiser in my local supermarket.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #43
a_hard
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoAPD
I just started collecting bottles. Sam Adams is my favorite commercial beer so I am glad those are good bottles to reuse. I only have 16 so far so I will have to use some Heinekin bottles that I have. Are they ok for bottling? Minus the obvious of being green not brown? Also what are some good beers in 22oz bottles? Have only seen Heinekin and Budweiser in my local supermarket.
Heineken bottles work fine with a wing capper. Keep em in the dark and the green isn't an issue. I like red hook stubbies though. No bottle around here looks quite like em

Quick Reply