Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > On bottles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
Sweetchuck
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default On bottles

Way back when I first started brewing, I used to buy beer in these green bottles that were thicker than standard bottles. Had an "A" on the bottom and they were clearly thicker, not returnables though.

The bottling I will do now will be in blue flip-top, however I want to get a batch of root beer to bottle for my young son who would get a kick out of capping bottles.

Do they still make those thicker bottles (I haven't seen them) or are standard beer bottles good enough for bottling soda?

.. heh, he he - he said.. flocculation... hehe heh.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
cvstrat
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I don't know about those special bottles, but regular bottles are fine for soda.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:34 AM   #3
cvstrat
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Might want to bottle some in a plastic bottle, and when that gets hard you know it's ready to go, then throw all the bottles in the fridge to stop any excess carbonation

Quick Reply